Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Curiosity 1 - Watashi, Kininari-masu!!

Another normal day in the literature club room. Once again, we find Hotaro sitting at the table, sleeping. Suddenly, the door opened.





 Good day, everyone!




  Zzz... huh? Oh... it's you, Chitanda.



Are you the only one here, Oreki-san?




Satoshi should be back soon. He came in with me, but Ibara called him to help out with something at the library.





I see... I wonder if Mayaka-san needs my help, too?


 
It's okay. We're already done, Chitanda-san.





Ah! Fukube-san, Mayaka-san!





Why didn't you come help, Oreki! I asked for both of you!


He fell asleep as soon as he heard you want him to carry stuff. Anyway, the two of us were enough for the job, so why don't you forgive him?



Hmmph!




 .....



So, what's so heavy that you need two boys to help you carry, Mayaka-san?



Oh yeah! Hey, Hotaro! Look what Mayaka got for us!



...A very heavy box?





*Stare*






Erm... So what's in it?

.... Ah! What is this? There's a white, metal box inside the cardboard box!

 
...



It's not just a box. It's a computer. See, here's the monitor, too. Mayaka got it for our Classic Literature Club. 


Well, the teacher at the Library said she had an extra one, so I asked if I could have it for our club. I didn't think she would agree.

Really! Thank you so much, Mayaka-san! Isn't this great, Oreki-san?



...Yeah. But why do we need one for? We're the classic literature club. A computer's too modern for our club.




Oh, don't be like that. You never know when we might need it. Come on. Help me set this up.

                                   
30 mins later



All right, that should do it. Didn't expect that there aren't any ethernet connections in this room. Let's hope this computer has a wifi adaptor .

 
My back hurts.




 Now all we need to do is to push the power button. President, would you like to do the honors?

 

Wha... me?! Oh, my. So... so all I need to do is press this button? Okay, then. Please work, Mr Computer.



.
.
.


 Ah, it worked!





...Why is she so happy from just switching on a computer?




Hmm. Oh. The boot-up time is pretty short. Now, Chitanda-san, can you set-up the wifi network? Just enter the password.



...




 
...Chitanda-san?




The wifi network, right? Okay! *tap tap tap* Huh? It's not respondng! What's wrong with Mr Computer?



Chi-chan, the monitor's not a touch-screen. You need to use the mouse and keyboard.




Oh... is that so.



 
...




 
...





...Chitanda, don't tell me...




 
I'm sorry, I can't use a computer. I'm sorry!




What? You really don't know how to work a computer?




Well, I  don't have a computer at home. So I haven't got the chance to learn how to use a computer. But I can use a mobile phone!


 
So that's why she tried to operate the PC by touching the monitor screen...

Hmm. That's all right, Chitanda-san. Hey, Hotaro, can you setup and connect to the internet? Here's the password to the school's wifi network.



Hmm? Fine.
....
There, it's done. 



 
Wow. Oreki-san, you're so skilled with the computer. Amazing!


 
...I think you're more amazing for not being able to use one in this age.








Try searching for something on the Internet, Oreki.





What do you have in mind?





I don't know. I just want to see if it works correctly.
Search for something interesting!



... 
J-A-P-A-N. 
There. That's the wikipedia entry for Japan.


...I'm a fool for having any kind of expectation from you.





Wow. Can you find anything you want on the Internet?


 
I guess it depends on the topic. But I would say you can find what you want 95% of the time.




Oreki-san! Can you search for Hyouka?


Hyouka? The book made by our club? Why would anyone make a wikipedia entry about... Ah, it really exist?

 I guess there are people in our school who contributes to wikipedia regularly.


...It was you, wasn't it? 




Haha. No way. I already have my hands full working on the real Hyouka volumes. Where would I find the time to write up such a detailed and informative entry?





              It's definitely him...




Oreki-san. I have a favor to ask of you.




Hmm... what is it.... Ugh!!
 Oh no, those energetic gleams in her eyes. I have a bad feeling about this...



Please teach me how to use a computer!

Sa-Satoshi is better at this than me.

Ah, I would love to. But actually, Mayaka and I have to go back to the library now.


Yeah. There's still some errands we need to run for the teacher. It's the price for letting us have the computer, she said. Come on, Fuku-chan.


Good luck, Hotaro. We'll be back soon.... Or not.



No... wait! Darn... he's gone.
 ....



 
...




... 



Oreki-san!



 
...Yeah?


I'm very curious! Please teach me how to use a computer!

Curiosity 1 - Watashi, Kininari-masu!!
-Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment